You will receive a chip card as your student ID. We will send you this ID card after successful enrollment at the beginning of the semester (March 1/September 1).
What is on the chip card?
The university logo, your surname and first name, the matriculation number/library number and your photo are printed on the front and the period of validity is noted.
What can the chip card do?
- Access to all buildings and to special rooms in your faculty
- Library card for the HFT Stuttgart
- Cashless means of payment at the copying machines, in the refectories and cafeterias of the Studierendenwerk, in the Examination Office, Internship Office, Additional Services of the Faculty of Architecture and Design and in the library. The electronic purse can be topped up with cash or by EC card at the topping-up machines in the cafeterias and refectories of the Studierendenwerk.
- as VVS-Semester-Ticket valid from Monday to Friday from 6:00 p.m. and on Saturday, Sunday and holidays all day - that means you can use the whole VVS network for free. By purchasing a StudiTicket through the VVS, you can use local transport on the network all day during the semester.
Validation of chip card (extension of validity in each new semester)
The validity period must be reprinted after re-registration for the new semester. You do this at the validation machine in building 1, 1st floor, atrium on the right.
What happens if I lose my chip card?
Please report this immediately to the Student Secretariat, Building 1, Room 124. Found cards are also handed in there so that we can possibly return them to you. Otherwise, the previous card will be blocked and a new card will be issued. Attention: The stored credit cannot be refunded by the university!
New chip card - how does it work?
- You pay 12 euros at the payment office, Building 1, Room 224.1. The payment office is open Monday - Friday from 9 am - 12 pm.
- With the payment receipt, go to the Student Secretariat, Building 1, Room 124 and have a new ID card issued.
What happens if my card is damaged and can no longer be used?
- You go to the Studierendenwerk Info-Point in the Mensa Stadtmitte. There you will be issued a certificate to transfer the existing credit in the form of a "Bescheinigung Ersatzkarte".
- In the next step, you contact Ms. Incatasciato from the IZ, Building 2., Room 001, who will process the background data.
- Then you pay 12 euros at the payment office, Building 1, room 224.1. The payment office is open Monday - Friday from 9 am - 12 pm. With the payment receipt, go to the Student Secretariat, Building 1, Room 124 and have a new ID card issued.
- In the last step, go to the Info-Point again to have the credit loaded onto the new card.
Can I have the electronic credit paid out?
Yes - at the Info-Point I of the Studierendenwerk in the Mensa Stadtmitte.
What data is stored on the chip card?
Matriculation number, library number, validity of the chip card, card sequence number, system number, card type, serial number, version number, access authorization number. Only the Student Secretariat has access to this information. In connection with cashless payment transactions, the current account balance is recorded. Access to the stored data is anonymized by means of the chip card serial number.