All doctoral candidates at UAPs in Baden-Württemberg are at liberty to take part in opportunities for further education provided by the Baden-Württemberg Center of Applied Research (BW-CAR). Events such as specialist colloquia and non-specialized qualifications are organized throughout the year and generally take place in Stuttgart. In most cases events are held in combination on the same day.
Doctoral candidates with a supervisor who is a BW-CAR member can also opt to join the BW-CAR College. Membership gives them a binding contractual right to supervision, access to a specialist network spanning all UAPs in Baden-Württemberg and assistance in the development of their key qualifications. An overview of the services and support on offer is available on the BW-CAR website (German language only).
Information on research thrusts and corresponding professors is also available on the BW-CAR website (German language only).
Reasons to choose a cooperative doctorate at HFT Stuttgart:
- Acquisition of additional expertise thanks to contact with universities.
- Application-oriented, interdisciplinary research;
- A leading doctoral program at regional, national and international level;
- Direct, intensive contact with supervisors;
- Contact with project partners (often regional companies);
The majority of our research projects are characterized by highly interdisciplinary cooperation that facilitates the holistic investigation of complex, future-oriented topics.