Prof. Dr.-Ing. Hermann Hahn was born in Stuttgart in 1934, where he also studied architecture at the TH. After graduating, he worked for Prof. Dr. Sigel from 1961 before founding his own architectural practice in 1970.
In the summer semester of 1973 the HFT Stuttgart appointed Hermann Hahn to a professorship in the field of technical finishing. In 1975, he received his doctorate in engineering from the University of Stuttgart with a dissertation on "Acoustic conditions in large spaces".
In the course of his teaching activities and as a freelance architect, Hermann Hahn developed into a nationally known lighting planner and designer of office spaces. In addition to lighting concepts and ceiling designs, he himself designed luminaires and ergonomic lighting systems. The energy-saving light and lighting technology formed the center of his planning. He won many design awards and holds several utility models and patents.
At the end of the summer semester 1996 Prof. Dr.-Ing. Hahn retired.
The deep sympathy of the Faculty of Architecture and Design and the university goes to the relatives of Prof. Dr.-Ing. Hermann Hahn.